The Chatham Chamber of Commerce is a membership-driven organization focusing on the economic vitality of Chatham County and the increased visibility and advocacy of its members. The Chamber provides membership services to increase the visibility of our members among county residents, businesses, elected officials and awareness at a state, county and local level through business advocacy.
The Chamber also serves as a great informational resource for residents, tourists and for individuals who are relocating to the Chatham County area. Brochures, school information, phone books and other helpful printed material are displayed in the Chamber office.
Within Chatham County’s 709 square miles are picturesque towns, rolling farmland, Jordan Lake and an increasingly diverse economy. Among its assets are industrial and commercial businesses and a range of agricultural-based enterprises, including specialty farms whose products support businesses throughout the Triangle area. The County has one of North Carolina’s most vibrant arts communities as well as The North Carolina Arts Incubator. It is home to Central Carolina Community College and within easy access to major Triangle universities, medical centers and Research Triangle Park.
Join the Chamber
Membership is an investment in the present and future, and offers an active visible opportunity to participate in shaping the future of Chatham County. Chamber membership facilitates the promotion and advertisement of your business with one annual fee. In addition, you save with Members Only! Discounts and receive discounts on events and programs. Board of Advisor members receive additional exposure and benefits.
The results of a national study revealed that membership in your local chamber of commerce can have a compelling impact on your business’s image among other local businesses as well as consumers. The study showed that consumers are:
- Convinced that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall 59% of ones surveyed revealed this,
- 12% more likely to think that products of a business stack up better than that of the competition if the business is highly involved in the local chamber. The results infer that this is due to the business being thought of as being trustworthy, involved in the community and as an industry leader
- 40% more likely to eat at a restaurant franchise within the next few months if the restaurant is a member of the local chamber of commerce
- 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from an insurance company that is a member of the local chamber of commerce
- 44% more likely to think more favorably of a business that is a Chamber member and
- 63% more likely to purchases goods or services from this business in the future